Wetland Mitigation Banks
ELI has created a database to search mitigation banks. This database has ten categories of information for each bank (see below search form). Many banking instruments do not include information for each of these categories. Therefore, many search results will not contain all the categories as fields that do not contain data are not displayed.
Upon clicking “Search” all the records in the database fitting the search criteria will be displayed in an abbreviated form. To view more detailed information on a particular bank, click on the name of the bank.
The detailed bank information includes:
- Location: city, state, county, and U.S. Army Corps of Engineers district
- Bank Establishment: bank status, year bank was established, and enabling instrument type
- Bank Basics: bank type, acreage, upland acreage, and service area information
- Sponsor Information: sponsor type, sponsor name and contact information, and land ownership classification
- Credit Information: number of total credits at the bank, credit definition, and credit release schedule
- Real Estate Provisions: historic use of the land and land protection mechanisms
- General Bank Operation: performance standards, sponsor activities for bank establishment, and allowable bank debiting activities
- Financial Assurances: establishment assurances, bank monitoring and maintenance assurances, and long-term maintenance funds, and length and amount of assurances
- Monitoring and Maintenance: maintenance entity, maintenance obligations, contingency plans, and length of monitoring period
- Long-Term Management: land ownership after bank closure, maintenance criteria, and maintenance date
Last updated December 2001.