Non-Profit Marketing Intern
About ELI: For over four decades, the Environmental Law Institute (ELI) has played a pivotal role in shaping the fields of environmental law, policy, and management, both domestically and internationally. ELI's mission is to foster innovative, just, and practical law and policy solutions to enable leaders across borders and sectors to make environmental, economic, and social progress. For more information visit http://www.eli.org.
About the position: The Marketing Intern will work ELI's publications and communications team. You will gain experience in the field of international nonprofit organizations learning a variety of essential management skills ranging from database management, online website editing, organizational research, writing, and event planning. We will work with you to gain course credit. The position is unpaid, but we do offer a transportation stipend.
- Assist in developing print and online marketing materials for membership
- Research and Assist in building membership list
- Help build and manage media and mailing lists
- Learn and update database management program
- Assist in creative development of online materials
- Write and update for online materials
- Administrative tasks
- Must be well-organized, detail-oriented, and creative
- Ability to multi-task and work well independently as well as in teams
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience or interest in Web-based communications, particularly Drupal or CiviCRM, a plus
- Major in communications, marketing, public relations, or similar field preferred
- Willingness to perform duties outside of job description
Applications: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and a brief writing sample. Application materials should be submitted to email@example.com by January 15, 2013.
ELI is an equal opportunity employer strongly committed to providing equal opportunity and to achieving an inclusive, diverse workforce that values every individual. Minority candidates are encouraged to apply.